About This Item
- Design Online Templates
- Design Specs
- Order Process
- Option Details
- Care and Use
Economy board is a lightweight material that is popular because of its low cost and durability. It does not dent easily and is waterproof, unlike a foam board material. It is a corrugated plastic that has hollow grooves that run down the center of the material, is very light weight.
PVC board is made from 1/8” thick PVC plastic material. It’s a solid rigid board with a smooth surface. It works very well for pictures because it will stay flat when presenting your Big Check. The smooth surface of the material makes the check look clean and professional.
Add on Dry Erase Option
We add a dry erase lamination over your entire check making it re-usable if you use dry erase, liquid chalk, or wet erase markers. We recommend wiping off all marker on your Big Check before storing it away. Sometimes if the marker is left on the lamination for long periods of time it will stain the lamination and you’ll have to replace your Big Check.
You’ll want to leave most of your Big Check blank, anything in your artwork will be permanently printed. Typically, our customers will add just their logo and/or a signature on the check and leave everything else blank so they can re-use all the fields.
When your order comes in our professional graphics team looks over your artwork to ensure everything looks good before it goes to print. You have the option to receive a proof or to not receive a proof. Select one of the following:
- Yes, send me a proof before printing: You will receive a digital proof sent to your email.
- Our graphics team will send you an email with a digital proof. Simply click on the link in the email. Review any messages and “Approve” or “Reject” the proof.
- All proofs must be approved before printing can begin.
- If you approve of the proof by 2pm EST on business days your order will print and ship the same day.
- No proof needed, please print and ship: You NOT get a digital proof and your order will be sent right to print.
- Your order will go right into production, and you will not receive a proof email.
- *Note: If our team has a concern with the artwork/order and you chose no proof, they will still try to reach out to you asap to notify you of any concerns.
Design Online Options
Design Online Pre-Made Customizable Templates
- Our design online program is very user friendly; anyone can use it! There are dozens of templates to choose from, all customizable to your liking. You can upload your own logos or images with the ability to position them wherever you want and add text as well! Creating an account will enable you to save your designs for quick and easy re-ordering.
Using Your Own Print Ready File
- If you have a print ready file, no worries you can upload the file directly into the design online program.
- When you first open the design online program, you will have a blank page.
- On the left side select the “File Images” tab
- Click “Upload”, find your file, and open it
- The program will add a thumbnail of your file on the left side (depending on file size this may take a couple of minutes)
- Click one time on the thumbnail and your design will be added to the blank page
- Size and position your artwork as desired
- Save and/or proceed to cart
Design Specs for Big Check 18x36
Design layout should be at full size or a proportional size:
- 17.5" high x 35" wide
File types accepted:
- PDF - Preferred file type
Color profiles accepted:
- Mixed colors
- Pantone Colors*
- Pantone colors can be used. Pantone colors are converted to a cmyk mix for printing so colors may vary.
- Should all be converted to an image before sending in.
- Should be approx 150dpi at final size for best printing.
We will print and ship the same day if you place your order and approve of the proof by 2pm EST on normal business days of Monday – Friday for most orders*
*Note: Larger quantity orders may take additional production time.
To view your shipping options, simply add the Big Check to your cart. On the right side there is a shipping estimator. Enter in your country, state, and zip code to see the shipping options and prices.
Ground shipping times can vary by state from 1-6 business days. Check out our shipping map to see how long it will take to arrive to your shipping location.
Does the kind of marker matter?
Yes, it’s important that you only use dry erase, liquid chalk, or wet erase markers on the Dry Erase Big Checks. Any other type of marker will stain or permanently mark your Large Check and you’ll have to replace it.
In our experience we found that Expo brand dry erase or liquid chalk markers work best with our dry erase lamination. Wet erase markers work, however, it does not hold up as well with our lamination.
This check has a matte finish which makes it less likely to show a glared in your photos. This check is typically used for 1–4-person presentation.
Remember to use highly lit places to make sure everybody's face can be seen in the photo. If you will be sending your picture into the newspaper or an online blog, then be sure to include a caption that they can use including people's names (if given permission) and a reason for the giving of the check.
Can you cash this check?
If you put a real routing number on this check, as well as a legal signature, then it can be taken to a bank and they should be able to cash the check. Since the purpose of this check is to get publicity while making a donation, we recommend you present a regular check along with the large check so you are not broadcasting your routing numbers. We have also seen our large checks be used as funny gifts to friends, gifts for loved ones, wedding anniversaries, graduations, and birthdays.
Feel free to use our live chat box on the bottom right of the page during our normal business hours of 8:30 am – 5 pm EST, Monday – Friday. You can also shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 800-319-8184